How do I care for my Driza-Bone
THIS IS FOR REPROOFING OILSKIN GARMENTS ONLY
- Hand wash the coat in lukewarm water (on the cool side) using Driza-Bone Oilskin and Wool Detergent
- After washing, rinse well (hang outside on clothesline and hose down)
- Hang to dry in a well-ventilated area out of the direct sunlight until completely dry
- Once completely dry, you need to reproof with Driza-Bone Garment Dressing, which you can purchase from any of the retailers that stock our goods. It is a little time consuming and messy but ends with a great result if done correctly.
- The dressing is a wax compound that needs to be melted down by placing the tin in hot water, with the lid off.
- Place the coat on a flat surface, and apply the garment dressing using either a soft bristled paintbrush or sponge paying particular attention to all the seams. Once this is done hang out in the sun on a really hot day, or use the heat of a blow-dryer spreading the heat evenly over the coat, but the best thing to do is to place the garment in a pillow case and place in your dryer on high for 10 minutes. You should put some old rags in the dryer along with the pillowcase as well.
- After this has been done place on a strong hanger and let cool.
- Your coat is all new
NB: ALWAYS STORE YOUR DRIZA-BONE COAT IN A DRY, WELL VENTILATED AREA. DO NOT PLACE IN A CUPBOARD OR PLASTIC BAG FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME, OTHERWISE IT WILL BECOME MOULDY.
Who stocks the Driza-Bone range in Australia?
Our stockist list has the information you need to find our most popular store near you.
Who stocks the Driza-Bone range internationally?
For stockists in the UK please contact:
Customer Service UK/Europe
Ph: 0151 356 1133
Fax: 0151 356 0033
If you are interested in finding stockists elsewhere in the world, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Does Driza-Bone have any Retail or Factory Outlets?
Driza-Bone retails through our online store and pop up regional outlet sales. The outlet contact number is (0406) 753 443. For all other enquiries plase contact:
Ph: 03 9425 2222
What is the Driza-Bone warranty policy?
Driza-Bone products incorporate the highest standards in materials, technology, and experience, aimed at giving the wearer the maximum protection possible.
Driza-Bone guarantees our garments against faulty workmanship or materials for a period of 12 months after purchase and will, at our discretion, repair or replace the defective part.
This guarantee does not apply to faults caused by misuse, excessive wear and tear, accidents or alteration to the garment carried out by persons or companies other than Driza-Bone. It is also invalid if the garment has not been worn and looked after in accordance with the instructions given with the garment.
What is the Driza-Bone returns policy?
Driza-Bone takes enormous pride in keeping customer satisfaction at a premium. If you are unhappy with your purchase from the Driza-Bone website, we will happily refund your money, or send you a replacement. Please contact us on +61 3 9425 2222 and follow the prompts to our customer service department.
Alternatively, you can e-mail us through our contact us page. After we have confirmed everything with you, we will then ask you to send the garment back to us in its original condition and packaging with a full receipt within 14 days of purchase to:
Driza-Bone Pty Ltd
25-29 Wangaratta St, Richmond 3121
Please allow 10-15 working days from when you send the garment for your money to be reimbursed.
If the garment is faulty, Driza-Bone is more than happy to pay postage and handling charges.
Does Driza-Bone offer a repair service?
Our Repairs Department in Eagleby has the ability to repair most problems with your oilskin garment. Simply download our CUSTOMER REPAIR FORM, fill out and send with the garment to:
Driza-Bone Pty Ltd
104 River Hills Road
Eagleby. QLD. 4207.
Please note the following before sending your garment for repair:
- Our Repairs Department will aim to repair and/or reproof your Driza-Bone product to the absolute best of their ability
- Please be advised that all problems are unique, and therefore we can’t offer an exact price for the service until we have seen the garment.
- A quote on repair will be given to you by phone once the garment has been sighted. Leave your details in the spaces provided and our Repairs Department will get back to you.
- GARMENTS MUST BE REASONABLY CLEAN WHEN SENT FOR REPROOFING/REPAIR
Please note that Credit Card payment is the ONLY payment method accepted.
Our Repairs Department also offers a reproofing service for a fee of $50. However, this can also be done easily yourself.